Clarke County Hospital provides a variety of cardiac diagnostic services and testing. All services require an order from your physician.
- Electrocardiograms (EKG)
- Heart Monitoring Tests
- Cardiac Stress Testing
- Treadmill Only Stress Tests
- Stress Test Echocardiograms
- Nuclear Medicine Treadmill Tests
- Pharmaceutical Nuclear Medicine Stress Tests
Cardiac Rehabilitation: Optimizing Your Heart Health
The Cardiac rehabilitation department is nationally certified and uses an individualized approach in helping men and women recover from a recent heart hospitalization.
Common goals include:
- Regaining strength and endurance
- Learning healthy life-style habits
- Feeling better faster and returning to important life activities
- Reducing the risk of future heart problems
Who is Eligible for Rehabilitation?
You may benefit from cardiac rehabilitation if you have recently had:
- Heart attack
- Coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG)
- Valve repair/replacement surgery
- Balloon angioplasty or coronary stenting
- Heart transplant
- Stable angina/predictable chest pain
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Or, under some circumstances, if you have congestive heart failure (CHF)
What does the program provide?
Our outpatient program incorporates safe exercise training and teaches skills for living a heart healthy lifestyle. This includes:
- Guidance for stretching, aerobic and strengthening exercise
- Continuous or intermittent EKG monitoring during sessions
- Frequent blood pressure monitoring
- Oxygen saturation monitoring, if indicated
- Lifestyle and risk factor assessment and modification options
- Individualized dietary instruction
- Pharmaceutical support
- Relaxation techniques
- Weight loss and smoking cessation support
- Diabetic support
Additional benefits may include improved cholesterol levels and heart strength along with reduced blood pressure, improved sleep and higher levels of energy.
Other Cardiac Services include: Your practitioner can help you decide which kind of test would be most appropriate.
If you have any further questions about any of our services, please feel free to give us a call!