Clarke County Hospital provides a variety of cardiac diagnostic services and testing for patients of all ages. All services require an order from your physician.
- Electrocardiograms (EKG)
- Cardiac Stress Testing
- Stress Echocardiograms
- Echocardiograms/Bubble Studies
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Vascular Studies
- 24 and 48-hour Holter Monitoring
- Cardiac Event Monitoring
- Cardiolite Nuclear Stress Testing
Cardiac Rehabilitation: Your Interests at Heart
The Cardiac rehabilitation department is nationally certified and uses an individualized approach in helping men and women recover from a recent heart hospitalization.
Our program is all about making your heart healthy again. Common goals include:
- Regain strength and endurance
- Learn healthy life-style habits
- Feel better faster and return to important life activities
- Reduce the risk of future heart problems
Who is Eligible for Rehabilitation?
You may benefit from cardiac rehabilitation if you have recently had:
- Heart attack
- Coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG)
- Valve repair/replacement surgery
- Balloon angioplasty or coronary stenting
- Heart transplant
- Stable angina/predictable chest pain
- Or, under some circumstances, if you have congestive heart failure (CHF)
What does the program provide?
- Our outpatient program incorporates safe exercise training and teaches skills for living a heart healthy lifestyle. This includes:
- Guidance for stretching, aerobic and strengthening exercise
- Continuous or intermittent EKG monitoring during sessions
- Frequent blood pressure monitoring
- Oxygen saturation monitoring, if indicated
- Lifestyle and risk factor assessment and modification options
- Individualized dietary instruction
- Pharmaceutical support
- Emotional support - coping skills
- Wt. loss and smoking cessation support, if indicated
Further benefit may include improved cholesterol levels and reduced blood pressure along with improved heart strength and higher levels of energy.
Other Cardiac Services include: Your practitioner can help you decide which kind of test would be most appropriate.
Cardiac stress testing:
- Treadmill only stress tests
- Stress test echocardiograms
- Nuclear medicine treadmill tests
- Pharmaceutical Nuclear medicine stress tests
Heart monitoring tests:
- Continuous Ambulatory Monitoring (49 hours up to 15 days)
- 24 or 48 hour Holter monitoring
- Event monitoring (up to 30 days)
If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to contact the department.
- Phone: 641-342-5300
- Fax: 641-342-5302