The spirit of giving is evident at Clarke County Hospital (CCH). The hospital you experience today as a patient or visitor is a result of the gifts of dozens of individuals, families, businesses, and organizations who place a priority on quality health care, close to home. Their gifts are channeled through the CCH Foundation, which is made up of a dedicated group of leaders from the communities served by CCH.
Enhance Our Patients' Experience Campaign
In early 2021, Hospital staff began building a comprehensive plan that would address future growth like the need to provide additional specialty services, the importance of enhancing a positive experience for our patients, and new services that address community need. By December 2021, team members presented a construction and renovation proposal to our Board of Trustees for their approval. This project would include the following:
- Additional Clinic Space (including Behavioral Health Services clinic space).
- Pre and Post-Operative Patient Room Upgrades
- New Kitchen and Dining Area
- Second Floor Patient Sun Deck
- Material Management and Storage Expansion
- Additional Parking
The Board of Trustees, recognizing the impact that the project would have on the current and future healthcare needs of our community and the solid financial position the Hospital was in, approved this project at a projected cost of $12.8 million.
The Foundation has a campaign goal to help fund the construction and renovation project. To date, we have had significant community support, achieving $512,000! Some of you may have already given - for this, you have our sincerest gratitude. For those that have yet to support this campaign, please consider contributing to the "Enhancing Our Patients Experience" campaign.
Our community's philanthropy has helped Clarke County Hospital earn multiple recognitions as a TOP 100 Critical Access Hospital in the Country - thank you. Help us continue down this road of excellence as we grow our facility and services to meet the needs of our community.
Each donor is recognized for his or her gift with a thank you and a permanent spot on the Donor Wall for accrued gifts totaling $1,000 or more.
Naming rights for single gifts of $10,000 and above are available to recognize a donor's outstanding generosity with a room, treatment area, wing, clinic, or other area of the hospital carrying the donor's name.
There are as many different ways to support Clarke County Hospital as there are needs to be supported. Potential benefactors of the Clarke County Hospital Foundation will want to consider a number of methods of supporting the Foundation financially. Charitable gift planning can be accomplished in many ways. Types of planned gifts include:
- Bequests - through a will or other form of estate plan, a deferred gift can provide a gift beyond what current means allow
- Beneficiary - designating the Foundation as a beneficiary of a retirement plan, life insurance, an annuity, or a will is a way to allow your gift to extend beyond your lifetime
- Charitable Trust - various trusts can be used to provide value to you donor and provide a gift to the Foundation
- Property - this can include a gift of securities, insurance policies, and real estate. In a rural community, there is the potential to include the hospital Foundation as the beneficiary of farmland. Also, stocks, bonds and mutual funds can be donated, often with positive tax consequences for your estate
As a 501(c) non-profit organization, gifts to the Clarke County Hospital Foundation are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Specific tax benefits can be discussed in more detail with your attorney or tax advisor.
Ways to Give
All gifts are deeply appreciated and significant. To make a charitable contribution to the Clarke County Hospital Foundation, please contact Tom Bahls at 641-342-5489.
Gifts May Also be Mailed to:
800 South Fillmore Street
Osceola, IA 50213